201 J1 Stainless Steel Strip
201 J1 Stainless Steel Strip Quick Details
Grade 201 J1 stainless steel strip is a lower-cost alternative to the conventional Cr-Ni austenitic stainless steels, such as 304 stainless steel strip.
201 J1 stainless steel strip has relatively lower ductility and formability compared to 301 stainless steel strip.
Grade 201 J1 steel also has good welding characteristics and low temperature properties.
201 J1 Stainless Steel Strip Specifications
|Product Name||201 J1 stainless steel strip|
|Paper Core Internal Diameter||Ø500mm paper core, special internal diameter core and without paper core on customer request|
|Surface Finish||NO.1/2B/2D/BA/HL/Brushed/6K/8K Mirror,etc|
|Packaging||Wooden Pallet/Wooden Case|
|Payment Terms||30% TT deposit and 70% balance before shipment, 100% LC at sight|
|Delivery Time||5-7 working days|
|Shipping Port||Shanghai/Ningbo port|
|Sample||The sample of 201 J1 stainless steel strip is available|
201 J1 Stainless Steel Strip Chemical Compositions
The chemical components of grade 201 J1 stainless steel strip is summarized in the following table:
201 J1 Stainless Steel Strip Mechanical Properties
|Grade||Standard||Yield Strength Rp0.2(N/mm²)||Tensile Strength Rm(N/mm²)||Hardness||Vickers Hardness(HV)||Elongation A50%|
201 J1 Stainless Steel Strip Coil Mill Origin Certificate Reference
How About 201 J1 Stainless Steel Strip Production Process?
Most people don’t know how the 201 J1 stainless steel strips are made, instead, they always see a lot of stainless steel coils in steel plants or industrial fields, but the truth is making 201 J1 stainless steel strips is not easy than you imagined.
Basically, there are following steps for 201 J1 stainless steel strips coils production.
201 J1 Stainless Steel Strips: The Ultimate Guide
Grade 201 J1 stainless steel strips have excellent corrosion resistance, good formability, high strength and toughness.
It is very popular for making kitchen utensils, as it has a superior resistance to corrosion by most food acids and alkalis.
What are grade 201 J1 stainless steel strips?
The main components of 201 J1 stainless steel strips are chromium and manganese. The alloy has great tensile strength and doesn’t have much effect on the final product’s hardness. It also has good wear resistance, making it ideal for use in high-wear parts.
201 J1 stainless steel strip is a low-carbon, austenitic chromium-nickel-manganese type of stainless steel that can be used at temperatures up to 1300°F (700°C). As long as there’s enough oxygen present, it won’t form hard spots or cracks when heated above that temperature. It also has good corrosion resistance at room temperature and below, but it will corrode when exposed to chloride solutions or substances containing copper or copper alloys such as brass.
Grade 201 J1 stainless steel strips applications
The following is a list of some of the more common applications for 201 J1 stainless steel strips coils:
- Food Processing Equipment & Chemical Processing Equipment
- Oil & Gas Industries
- Marine Applications
Features of 201 J1 stainless steel strips
Features of 201 J1 Stainless Steel Strips Coils:
- High strength and hardness in the annealed condition
- Good corrosion resistance in the annealed condition
- Good resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion in nitric acid solutions below 60% concentration at room temperature (1-3 hours).
What are 201 J1 stainless steel strips surface finish?
Through different processing methods of cold rolling and surface reprocessing after rolling, the surface finish of 201 J1 stainless steel strips coils can have different types.
The surface processing of stainless steel coils have NO.1, 2B, No. 4, HL, No. 6, No. 8, BA, Rerolled bright 2H, polishing bright and other surface finishes, etc.
- NO.1: No. 1 surface refers to the surface obtained by heat treatment and pickling after hot rolling of the stainless steel strip. It is to remove the black oxide scale produced during hot rolling and heat treatment by pickling or similar treatment methods. This is No. 1 surface processing. The No.1 surface is silvery white and matt. Mainly used in heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant industries that do not require surface gloss, such as alcohol industry, chemical industry and large containers.
- 2B: The surface of 2B is different from the 2D surface in that it is smoothed with a smooth roller, so it is brighter than the 2D surface. The surface roughness Ra value measured by the instrument is 0.1～0.5μm, which is the most common processing type. This kind of stainless steel strip surface is the most versatile, suitable for general purposes, which is widely used in the chemical, paper, petroleum, medical and other industries, and can also be used as a building curtain wall.
- Rerolled Bright 2H: After the rolling process. the stainless steel strips will be processed bright annealing. The strip can be fast cooled by the the continuous annealing line. The traveling speed of the stainless steel strip on the line is around 60m~80m/min. After this step, the surface finish will be 2H rerolled bright.
- No.4: The surface of No. 4 is a fine polished surface finish that is brighter than the surface of No. 3. It is also obtained by polishing the stainless steel cold-rolled stainless steel plate with 2 D or 2 B surface as the base and polishing with abrasive belt with a grain size of 150-180# Machined surface. The surface roughness Ra value measured by the instrument is 0.2～1.5μm. NO.4 surface is widely used in restaurant and kitchen equipment, medical equipment, architectural decoration, containers, etc.
- HL: HL surface is commonly called hairline finish. Japanese JIS standard stipulates that 150-240# abrasive belt is used to polish the continuous hairline-like abrasive surface obtained. In China’s GB3280 standard, the regulations are rather vague. HL surface finish is mostly used for building decoration such as elevators, escalators, and facades.
- No.6: The surface of No. 6 is based on the surface of No. 4 and is further polished with a Tampico brush or abrasive material with a particle size of W63 specified by GB2477 standard. This surface has a good metallic luster and soft performance. The reflection is weak and does not reflect the image. Due to this good property, it is very suitable for making building curtain walls and building fringe decorations, and also widely used as kitchen utensils.
- BA: BA is the surface obtained by bright heat treatment after cold rolling. Bright heat treatment is annealing under a protective atmosphere that guarantees that the surface is not oxidized to preserve the gloss of the cold-rolled surface, and then use a high-precision smoothing roll for light leveling to improve the surface brightness. This surface is close to a mirror finish, and the surface roughness Ra value measured by the instrument is 0.05-0.1μm. BA surface has a wide range of uses and can be used as kitchen utensils, household appliances, medical equipment, auto parts and decorations.
- No.8: No.8 is a mirror-finished surface with the highest reflectivity without abrasive grains. The stainless steel deep processing industry also calls as 8K plates. Generally, BA materials are used as raw materials for mirror finishing only through grinding and polishing. After mirror finishing, the surface is artistic, so it is mostly used in building entrance decoration and interior decoration.
What are 201 J1 stainless steel strips edges?
Mill edge is a non-trimmed edge appearance after hot or cold rolling and annealing/pickling process. It usually leaved an irregular pinhole line on the edge side around 10mm to 15mm.
Slit/slitting edge means we will trim irregular pinhole line on our slitting machine.
Deburred and round edge can be customized as customer request.
How to buy 201 J1 stainless steel strips from China?
Therefore, if you want to buy 201 J1 stainless steel strips coils at lower price with high quality and good service from China suppliers, you need to know how to buy stainless steel strips coils from China firstly.
First of all, you should choose a reliable supplier who can provide good quality 201 stainless steel coils products at competitive prices. Then you can negotiate with them on price and other terms until reaching an agreement.
Secondly, you need to check whether they have advanced production equipment or not because if they do not have advanced equipment for producing various kinds of coils including stainless steel coils or if their production capacity is limited then it would be difficult for them to supply high quality products at competitive prices all year round.
Thirdly, it is better to visit their factory by yourself and check the production line and warehouse by yourself. It will be great if you can check their production process and production equipment. Because it is very important for you to know how they control the quality from process till delivery.
What is the standard sea packaging of 201 J1 stainless steel strips?
- Standard export sea packaging:
Waterproof Paper Winding+PVC Film+Strap Banding+Wooden Pallet or Wooden Case;
- Customized packaging as your request (Logo or other contents accepted to be printed on the packaging);
- Other special packaging will be designed as customer’s request;
Eye to wall and eye to sky are both available;
- By International Express: DHL/UPS/FEDEX/EMS and our own express line;
- By air or By sea;
- Shipping port: Shanghai, Ningbo or as your request.