2205 Stainless Steel Coil
Duplex 2205 Stainless Steel Coil
2205 stainless steel coil is a high-strength low-alloy corrosion resistant stainless steel (UNS S32205). It has been developed as a cost-effective alternative to the more expensive austenitic stainless steel coils and nickel alloys coils.
The alloy composition of 2205 contains molybdenum, chromium and nitrogen. The addition of molybdenum provides resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion in chloride environments. Chromium improves the corrosion resistance in sulfate environments, whereas nitrogen enhances its resistance to stress corrosion cracking.
2205 Stainless Steel Coil Specifications
|Product Name||Duplex 2205 stainless steel coil|
|Grades||2205/EN 1.4462/UNS S32205|
|Paper Core Internal Diameter||Ø500mm paper core, special internal diameter core and without paper core on customer request|
|Surface Finish||NO.1/2B/2D/BA/HL/Brushed/6K/8K Mirror,etc|
|Packaging||Wooden Pallet/Wooden Case|
|Payment Terms||30% TT deposit and 70% balance before shipment, 100% LC at sight|
|Delivery Time||5-7 working days|
|Shipping Port||Shanghai/Ningbo port|
|Sample||The sample of 2205 stainless steel coil is available|
2205 Stainless Steel Coil Chemical Compositions
The chemical components of grade 2205 stainless steel coil is summarized in the following table:
2205 Stainless Steel Coil Mechanical Properties
|Grade||EN Grade||Yield Strength Rp0.2(N/mm²)||Tensile Strength Rm(N/mm²)||Hardness||Vickers Hardness(HV)||Elongation A50%|
How About 2205 Stainless Steel Coil Production Process?
Most people don’t know how the 2205 stainless steel coils are made, instead, they always see a lot of stainless steel coils in steel plants or industrial fields, but the truth is making 2205 stainless steel coils is not easy than you imagined.
Basically, there are following steps for 2205 stainless steel coils production.
Duplex 2205 Stainless Steel Coil: The Ultimate Guide
The mechanical properties of 2205 stainless steel coil are excellent. Its strength is similar to that of 304L coil but with improved impact strength (up to 40% higher than 304L). Its yield strength is comparable with that of other austenitic grades such as 304 stainless steel coil, whereas its tensile strength can be up to 20% higher than 18/8 (304) and 15% higher than 17-4PH coil.
Other features include good weldability in manual or automated welding processes, excellent machinability after heat treatment and high resistance to sulphuric acid solution at ambient temperature.
What are the applications that duplex 2205 stainless steel coils can be used?
Due to the super strength and excellent corrosion resistance features, quality grade 2205 stainless steel coil is widely used for below applications.
- Pressure vessels, high pressure storage tanks, high pressure pipelines
- Heat exchangers fittings, chemical processing industry
- Oil and gas pipelines,
- Sewage treatment system
- Pulp and paper industry classifiers, bleaching equipment, storage and processing systems
- High speed blades, impellers
- Cargo box of ship and truck
- Food processing equipment
Features of duplex 2205 stainless steel coils
Duplex 2205 stainless steel coil is a kind of stainless steel, which has an excellent performance in the atmospheric corrosion and general corrosion. Duplex 2205 is often used for fabricating alloy valves, pipes and fittings.
Here are some features of duplex 2205 coil:
- Excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking
- Good formability and weldability (including low distortion during welding)
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE)
What are duplex 2205 stainless steel coils surface finish?
Through different processing methods of cold rolling and surface reprocessing after rolling, the surface finish of 2205 stainless steel coils can have different types.
The surface processing of stainless steel coils have NO.1, 2B, No. 4, HL, No. 6, No. 8, BA, TR hard, Rerolled bright 2H, polishing bright and other surface finishes, etc.
- NO.1: No. 1 surface refers to the surface obtained by heat treatment and pickling after hot rolling of the stainless steel strip. It is to remove the black oxide scale produced during hot rolling and heat treatment by pickling or similar treatment methods. This is No. 1 surface processing. The No.1 surface is silvery white and matt. Mainly used in heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant industries that do not require surface gloss, such as alcohol industry, chemical industry and large containers.
- 2B: The surface of 2B is different from the 2D surface in that it is smoothed with a smooth roller, so it is brighter than the 2D surface. The surface roughness Ra value measured by the instrument is 0.1～0.5μm, which is the most common processing type. This kind of stainless steel strip surface is the most versatile, suitable for general purposes, which is widely used in the chemical, paper, petroleum, medical and other industries, and can also be used as a building curtain wall.
- TR Hard Finish: TR stainless steel is also called hard steel. Its representative steel grades are 304 and 301, they are used for products that require high strength and hardness, such as railway vehicles, conveyor belts, springs and gaskets. The principle is to use the work hardening characteristics of austenitic stainless steel to increase the strength and hardness of the steel plate by cold working methods such as rolling. The hard material uses a few percent to several tens of percent of the mild rolling to replace the mild flatness of the 2B base surface, and no annealing is carried out after rolling. Therefore, the TR hard surface of the hard material is the rolled after cold rolling surface.
- Rerolled Bright 2H: After the rolling process. the stainless steel strips will be processed bright annealing. The strip can be fast cooled by the the continuous annealing line. The traveling speed of the stainless steel strip on the line is around 60m~80m/min. After this step, the surface finish will be 2H rerolled bright.
- No.4: The surface of No. 4 is a fine polished surface finish that is brighter than the surface of No. 3. It is also obtained by polishing the stainless steel cold-rolled stainless steel plate with 2 D or 2 B surface as the base and polishing with abrasive belt with a grain size of 150-180# Machined surface. The surface roughness Ra value measured by the instrument is 0.2～1.5μm. NO.4 surface is widely used in restaurant and kitchen equipment, medical equipment, architectural decoration, containers, etc.
- HL: HL surface is commonly called hairline finish. Japanese JIS standard stipulates that 150-240# abrasive belt is used to polish the continuous hairline-like abrasive surface obtained. In China’s GB3280 standard, the regulations are rather vague. HL surface finish is mostly used for building decoration such as elevators, escalators, and facades.
- No.6: The surface of No. 6 is based on the surface of No. 4 and is further polished with a Tampico brush or abrasive material with a particle size of W63 specified by GB2477 standard. This surface has a good metallic luster and soft performance. The reflection is weak and does not reflect the image. Due to this good property, it is very suitable for making building curtain walls and building fringe decorations, and also widely used as kitchen utensils.
- BA: BA is the surface obtained by bright heat treatment after cold rolling. Bright heat treatment is annealing under a protective atmosphere that guarantees that the surface is not oxidized to preserve the gloss of the cold-rolled surface, and then use a high-precision smoothing roll for light leveling to improve the surface brightness. This surface is close to a mirror finish, and the surface roughness Ra value measured by the instrument is 0.05-0.1μm. BA surface has a wide range of uses and can be used as kitchen utensils, household appliances, medical equipment, auto parts and decorations.
- No.8: No.8 is a mirror-finished surface with the highest reflectivity without abrasive grains. The stainless steel deep processing industry also calls as 8K plates. Generally, BA materials are used as raw materials for mirror finishing only through grinding and polishing. After mirror finishing, the surface is artistic, so it is mostly used in building entrance decoration and interior decoration.
What are 2205 stainless steel coils edges?
Mill edge is a non-trimmed edge appearance after hot or cold rolling and annealing/pickling process. It usually leaved an irregular pinhole line on the edge side around 10mm to 15mm.
Slit/slitting edge means we will trim irregular pinhole line on our slitting machine.
How to buy duplex 2205 stainless steel coil from China?
Stainless steel coil is widely used in the field of industry and construction, and it has a bright future in the market.
As we know, stainless steel coil is made by rolling and drawing the steel strip so that it will become a coil with a circular cross section and different diameter.
There are many factors influencing the quality of stainless steel coils, such as production process, material selection and processing technology.
Therefore, if you want to buy stainless steel coils at lower price with high quality and good service from China suppliers, you need to know how to buy stainless steel coils from China firstly.
First of all, you should choose a reliable supplier who can provide good quality 2205 stainless steel coils products at competitive prices. Then you can negotiate with them on price and other terms until reaching an agreement.
Secondly, you need to check whether they have advanced production equipment or not because if they do not have advanced equipment for producing various kinds of coils including stainless steel coils or if their production capacity is limited then it would be difficult for them to supply high quality products at competitive prices all year round.
Thirdly, it is better to visit their factory by yourself and check the production line and warehouse by yourself. It will be great if you can check their production process and production equipment. Because it is very important for you to know how they control the quality from process till delivery.
What is the standard sea packaging of 2205 stainless steel coil?
- Standard export sea packaging:
Waterproof Paper Winding+PVC Film+Strap Banding+Wooden Pallet or Wooden Case;
- Customized packaging as your request (Logo or other contents accepted to be printed on the packaging);
- Other special packaging will be designed as customer’s request;
Eye to wall and eye to sky are both available;
- By International Express: DHL/UPS/FEDEX/EMS and our own express line;
- By air or By sea;
- Shipping port: Shanghai, Ningbo or as your request.