254 SMO Super Austenitic Stainless Steel
Overview of 254 SMO Super Austenitic Stainless Steel
254SMO® stainless steel is an super austenitic stainless steel material.
Due to the high molybdenum content, it has extremely high resistance to pitting corrosion and crevice corrosion.
This grade of stainless steel 254SMO® was developed and designed for containing halide application such as seawater. 254SMO® is a registered trademark of Outokumpu OYJ.
254SMO® stainless steel also has good uniform corrosion resistance especially in acids containing halide. This steel is superior to ordinary stainless steel.
It has good resistance to pitting corrosion (PI≥40) and good stress corrosion resistance under the conditions of sea water application and low-speed erosion.
It is a substitute material for special alloys and titanium alloys.
What’s more, it has better high temperature resistance and corrosion resistance, which is irreplaceable for 304 stainless steel.
Futures of 254 SMO Super Austenitic Stainless Steel
- Excellent resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion
- High resistance to general corrosion
- High resistance to stress corrosion cracking
- Higher strength than conventional austenitic stainless steels
- Good weldability
254 SMO Super Austenitic Stainless Steel Applications
- Marine structures in marine environment, seawater desalination, mariculture, seawater heat exchange industry
- Thermal power generation flue gas desulfurization device
- Nuclear power generation, comprehensive utilization of coal, power generation
- Oil refining, chemical equipment
- Salt making industry, soy sauce brewing industry
- Tall oil distillation columns
- Flue gas desulfurization scrubbers
- Components used in petroleum production
- Food processing equipment
- Process equipment in chemical industry
- Bleaching equipment in the pulp and paper industry
- Heat exchangers
254 SMO Super Austenitic Stainless Steel Tags
- Grade 254 SMO
- Type 254 SMO
- Inox 254 SMO
- AISI 254 SMO
- UNS S31254
254 SMO Stainless Steel Strip
|254 SMO Stainless Steel Standards Comparison Table|
254SMO stainless steel strip and 654SMO stainless steel strip are super austenitic stainless steels. Both of them have their features. But which one should you choose? While both are excellent options, you may prefer one over the other. To select the right option, learn more about what makes each steel unique. Let’s keep reading.