254SMO® Stainless Steel Strip
What Is 254SMO® Stainless Steel Strip
254SMO® stainless steel strip is an austenitic stainless steel strip.
Due to the high molybdenum content, it has extremely high resistance to pitting corrosion and crevice corrosion.
This grade of stainless steel strip was developed and designed for containing halide application such as seawater. 254SMO® is a registered trademark of Outokumpu OYJ.
254SMO® stainless steel strip also has good uniform corrosion resistance especially in acids containing halide. This steel is superior to ordinary stainless steel.
It has good resistance to pitting corrosion (PI≥40) and good stress corrosion resistance under the conditions of sea water application and low-speed erosion.
What’s more, it has better high temperature resistance and corrosion resistance, which is irreplaceable for 304 stainless steel strip.
- Standard: ASTM UNS S31254/EN 1.4547
- Thickness: 0.1mm-3.0 mm
- Width: 1.5mm-600 mm
- Length: coil type or it can be produced as customer requirements
- Surface Finish: NO.1, 2B, 2H(Rerolled Bright), BA, No.4, 8K (Mirror), HL (Hairline), Polishing Bright, etc
- Edge: Mill Edge, Slit Edge, Deburred Edge, Round Edge, V Type Edge
Due to excellent high temperature resistance and stress corrosion resistance, quality grade 254SMO® stainless steel strip is widely used for below applications.
- Marine structures in marine environment, seawater desalination, mariculture, seawater heat exchange industry
- Thermal power generation flue gas desulfurization device, wastewater treatment equipment
- Nuclear power generation, comprehensive utilization of coal, power generation
- Oil refining, chemical equipment
- Salt making industry, soy sauce brewing industry
- Paper production industry, various bleaching devices
The chemical components of grade 254SMO® stainless steel strip is summarized in the following table:
Mother Coil Mechanical Property
Below The Table Is For Your Reference:
|Grade||Standard||Yield Strength |
|Elongation %||Hardness |
|201||ASTM A240||≥ 275||≥ 520||≥ 35||≤ 260||≤ 101|
|202||ASTM A240||≥ 275||≥ 520||≥ 40||≤ 218||≤ 95|
|301||ASTM A240||≥ 205||≥ 520||≥ 40||≤ 200||≤ 90|
|304||ASTM A240||≥ 205||≥ 515||≥ 40||≤ 210||≤ 92|
|304L||ASTM A240||≥ 205||≥ 520||≥ 40||≤ 200||≤ 90|
|316L||ASTM A240||≥ 177||≥ 480||≥ 40||≤ 200||≤ 90|
|316Ti||ASTM A240||≥ 205||≥ 520||≥ 40||≤ 200||≤ 90|
|317L||ASTM A240||≥ 205||≥ 515||≥ 40||≤ 218||≤ 95|
|309S||ASTM A240||≥ 205||≥ 515||≥ 40||≤ 218||≤ 95|
|310S||ASTM A240||≥ 205||≥ 520||≥ 40||≤ 200||≤ 90|
|321||ASTM A240||≥ 205||≥ 520||≥ 40||≤ 200||≤ 90|
|347||ASTM A240||≥ 205||≥ 520||≥ 35||≤ 200||≤ 90|
|410S||ASTM A240||≥ 205||≥ 440||≥ 20||≤ 210||≤ 92|
|420J2||ASTM A240||≥ 225||≥ 540||≥ 18||≤ 180||≤ 80|
|430||ASTM A240||≥ 206||≥ 450||≥ 22||≤ 200||≤ 88|
|2205||ASTM A240||≥ 450||≥ 620||≥ 25||≤ 293||≤ 30|
|2507||ASTM A240||≥ 450||≥ 620||≥ 25||≤ 290||≤ 30|
|253 MA®||ASTM ||≥ 310||≥ 600||≥ 40||≤ 217||≤ 95|
|254 SMO®||ASTM ||≥ 300||≥ 650||≥ 35||≤ 223||≤ 96|
|654 SMO®||ASTM ||≥ 430||≥ 750||≥ 40||≤ 250||≤ 100|
|904L||ASTM ||≥ 216||≥ 490||≥ 35||–||≤ 90|
|UNS N08926||ASTM ||≥ 295||≥ 650||≥ 35||–||≤ 100|
|UNS S17400||ASTM||≥ 725||≥ 930||≥ 10||–||–|
Below The Table Is For Your Reference:
Our company have professional team who can adopt developed packaging technology to assure no any damages of products during transportation.
- Standard export packaging:
Waterproof Paper Winding+PVC Film+Strap Banding+Wooden Pallet or Wooden Case;
- Customized packaging as your request (Logo or other contents accepted to be printed on the packaging);
- Other special packaging will be designed as customer’s request;
- Eye to wall and eye to sky are both available;
- By International Express: DHL/UPS/FEDEX/EMS and our own express line;
- By air or By sea;
- Shipping port: Shanghai, Ningbo or as your request.
What Are The Advantages of Cooperating With Us
Our factory owned advanced processing production lines which can support you 254SMO® stainless steel strip project with competitive price and good service. We have powerful manufacturing capability, our Twenty-high Roll Sendzimir Mill, Continuous Bright Annealing Oven, Tension Leveller, Slitting Machine Lines, Edge Trimmers and Packaging Lines.
We are able to support every different stainless steel strip regardless of the samples or mass production.
Hard work of our quality control and technical engineers team guaranteed the stable quality and good service.
OEM/ODM Service Is Available
Our professional team are skilled at independent development and design. We are able to design, develop, produce and deliver your order according to your detailed requirements, samples or just an idea.
Flexible Payment Term Support
Sample order is available. For small sample orders, in order to save the bank charge for customers and seller, West Union, Money Gram are well recommended.
For mass production, normally our company need 50% TT deposit before new production, and the 50% TT balance payment before shipment.