304 Stainless Steel
Overview of Inox 304
304 stainless steel is a common material in stainless steel with a density of 7.93 g/cm³.
It is also called 18/8 stainless steel in the industry, which means it contains more than 18% chromium and more than 8% nickel.
It has the characteristics of good processing performance and high toughness, and is widely used in industry, furniture decoration industry and food and medical industry.
Common labeling methods on the market include 06Cr19Ni10 and SUS304, of which 06Cr19Ni10 generally means China national standard production, 304 generally means ASTM standard production, and SUS 304 means Japanese standard production.
In order to maintain the inherent corrosion resistance of stainless steel, the steel must contain more than 18% chromium and more than 8% nickel. 304 stainless steel is a grade of stainless steel produced according to the American ASTM standard.
Futures of 304 Stainless Steel
1. 304 stainless steel is high strength, good toughness and wear resistance, corrosion resistance and thermal conductivity;
2. 304 stainless steel has a high temperature resistance (up to 800 degrees);
3. 304 stainless steel has good anti-oxidation ability and can be used in many occasions;
4. 304 stainless steel is widely used in all kinds of industries such as food, chemical industry and metallurgy, etc;
5. The price of 304 stainless steel is not expensive than other grades, but the price will rise rapidly when the demand for it increases.
304 Stainless Steel Applications
- Heat Exchangers
- Flexible Hoses
- Household Products
- Auto Parts
- Medical Equipment
- Building Materials
- Food Industry
- Shipping Buidling
- Other Parts
304 Stainless Steel Tags
- Grade 304
- Type 304
- Inox 304
- AISI 304
- SUS 304
- UNS S30400
- Acero 304
304 Stainless Steel Strip
304 Stainless Steel Foil
304 Stainless Steel Coil
|304 Stainless Steel Standards Comparison Table|
|304||304||S30400||06Cr18Ni9||1.4301||X 6 CrNi 18 10||08KH18N10 06KH18N11||2332||SUS 304|
When purchasing for stainless steel materials, you will likely come across a large selection of 301 stainless steel and 304 stainless steel. These are two of the most popular stainless steels types available to us today. But what’s the difference?
304 and 304L stainless steel strips are common materials and widely used in many industries. Do you want to know what is the difference between two stainless steel strips?
304 stainless steel strip for welded pipe is the main material for welded tube production. If you are the beginner of this area, you can benefit from this guide.