316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil
Your Premier 316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil Manufacturer
316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil
316L ultra thin stainless steel foil is almost identical to 316 grade strip foil.
It is a type of high strength, corrosion resistance stainless steel foil, which contains 16% chromium, 10% nickel and 2% molybdenum and is used for applications that are exposed to high temperatures.
316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil Specifications
1.Quick Details of 316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil
|316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil/1.4404 Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil
|Full Annealed, 1/4H, 1/2H, 3/4H, Full hard, EH, SH
|Mill Edge, Slit Edge, Deburred Edge, Round Edge
|Paper Core Inner Diameter
|Ø 200mm,Ø300mm, Ø400mm, Ø500mm paper core, special internal diameter core and without paper core on
|The strip has a smooth surface, free from scratches and impurities
|Jet engines, exhaust manifolds, furnance parts, valve pump trims, precision parts, etc
|Wooden Pallet/Wooden Case
|30% TT deposit and 70% balance before shipment, 100% LC at sight
|15-20 working days
|The sample of 316L foil strip is available
|316L foil strip can be customized
2.Chemical Composition of 316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil
The chemical components of grade 316L stainless steel foil is summarized in the following table:
3.Mechanical Property of 316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil
|Tensile Strength (MPa) min
|Yield Strength 0.2% Proof (MPa) min
|Elongation (% in 50 mm) min
|Rockwell B (HR B) max
|Brinell (HB) max
316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foils Precision Products
0.05mm Thickness 316L Stainless Steel Foils
0.08mm Thickness 316L Stainless Steel Foils
How About 316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil Production Process?
The 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil production process is as follows:
- Cold rolling of thin stainless steel strip coils: The cold rolling of stainless steel is to further reduce the thickness of the hot rolled steel sheet and make it into a thin strip foil. It is divided into continuous cold rolling and batch cold rolling.
- Annealing of ultra thin stainless steel foils: After cold rolling, the thin strip needs annealing to restore the mechanical properties lost during cold rolling.
- Slitting of ultra thin stainless steel foils: The annealed stainless steel strip is slitted according to requirements, and the width of the thin strip is determined by customer requirements.
- Packing and shipping of thin 31L ultra thin stainless steel foils: After the slitting, the thin strips are packed in wooden cases to prevent damage during transportation and storage.
316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil Hardness Options
316L stainless steel foil can be hardened by cold working, which can also result in increased strength. It does not react to heat treatment. However, it does become slightly magnetic when cold worked.
Annealing 316L stainless steel ultra thin foil can be annealed at temperature between 1850-2000°F (1010-1093°C) followed by rapid cooling. To minimize deleterious carbide precipitation, the alloy should not be water quenched from this temperature range or exposed to temperatures below 1650°F (899°C).
It is possible to harden 316L stainless steel through cold working processes. The highest tensile strength is achieved by cold rolling and then harsh cold drawing. The difference in hardness between the 2B and BA finish is approximately 80-90 HRB depending upon thickness, size and composition of material being processed.
316L Ultra Thin Stainless Steel Foil: The Ultimate Guide
316L stainless steel is the top choice for a variety of industries when it comes to selecting food grade stainless steels.
Your food packaging and design idea plays an important role in how your customers perceive your brand.
With the 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil, you can now create products that are unique and innovative with top grade materials.
If you are the beginner of this field, here is the right place you go.
What are 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil?
316L ultra thin stainless steel foil is a typical austenitic Cr-Ni stainless steel.
It has good corrosion resistance and excellent mechanical properties, especially intergranular corrosion resistance.
The alloy has good pitting corrosion resistance and is suitable for use in media with halide ions present.
It is not suitable for use in media with high concentrations of iron ions (more than 0.2%) because it is easy to produce chromium-rich ferrite during heat treatment, which reduces the corrosion resistance of the alloy.
316L ultra thin stainless steel foil can be applied to equipment in the sea and chemical industries, such as petrochemical, fertilizer, seawater desalination, etc.
What are 0.05mm Thickness 316L Stainless Steel Foils?
0.05mm thickness 316L stainless steel foils are almost identical to 316 grade ultra thin foils tapes.
316L ultra thin stainless steel foils are also called 316L stainless steel foils rolls and are the high-end products in the field of precision stainless steel strips.
It is a type of high strength, corrosion resistance steel alloy foil, which contains 16% chromium, 10% nickel and 2% molybdenum and is used for applications that are exposed to high temperatures.
What are the advantages of 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil?
Thin stainless steel foil has been widely used in the electronics industry.
316L ultra thin stainless steel foil is more corrosion resistant than other grades of stainless steel due to stronger chromium content, which makes it more wear-resistant and oxidation-resistant.
The advantages of 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil include:
- 316L ultra-thin stainless steel foil has excellent corrosion resistance, and its pitting resistance is better than other steels of the same grade.
- The creep resistance and high temperature strength are also very good, and can be used under high temperature conditions for a long time without deformation or breaking.
- Excellent chemical corrosion resistance, very good intergranular corrosion resistance, no heat treatment hardening phenomenon, no magnetism after cold processing, easy to weld;
- Good formability, but due to its high strength, it is generally processed by stamping when processing parts;
- Excellent high temperature resistance;
- Excellent cryogenic toughness;
- Excellent wear resistance and fatigue strength.
How to deal with 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil packaging?
The packaging for 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil is mainly about wooden cases.
316L ultra thin stainless steel foil of each roll should be same, packaging mark should have clear and complete information.
- Wooden Case: The standard export package with fumigation certificate, it can avoid any potential damage during the transportation.
How to buy 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil from China manufacturers?
To buy 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil, the buyer should consider:
- The China manufacturer’s experience in the metal strips foils manufacturing industry.
- The quality of goods manufactured by the China manufacturers.
- The financial stability of the manufacturers.
- The supplier’s delivery system.
To get a quick quote for 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil you need to know:
- Quantity (Kgs/Tons)
- Size (Thickness x Width x Coil)
- Hardness (175HV)
- Material Grade (316L)
- Edge (Slit/Deburred/Round)
- Coil ID (200mm/300mm/400mm/500mm)
- Surface Finish (Bright)
- Packaging (Eye to eye, eye to wall, wooden pallets, wooden cases)
What is the hs code of 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil?
To find out the detailed HS code of related 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil, you need to determine the specifications and applications of the strips.
The following are the part of 316L ultra thin stainless steel foil