Monel 400 strip coil is a nickel copper alloy strip which has excellent mechanical properties such as high strength, corrosion resistance and non-magnetic.
Due to this good features, so the price is much higher than normal stainless steel strips.
If you are the beginner of this area, you can benefit from this guide.
Let’s keep reading.
What Is Monel 400 Strip Coil Used For?
Monel 400 alloy strip coil is a versatile material with applications in many industrial fields:
- Seamless water pipes and pipes, steam pipes in power plants
- Seawater exchangers and evaporators
- Sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid environment
- Crude oil distillation
- Pump shafts and propellers for seawater equipment
- Equipment for the manufacture of uranium refining and isotope separation
- Pumps and valves used in hydrochloric acid plants
Monel 400 Strip Coil Chemical Components
Monel 400 Strip Coil Mechanical Properties
Features of Monel 400 Strip Coil
Monel 400 is a corrosion-resistant alloy with the largest amount, the most widely used and excellent comprehensive properties.
This alloy has excellent corrosion resistance in hydrofluoric acid and fluorine gas medium, and also has excellent corrosion resistance in hot concentrated alkali solution.
At the same time, it is also resistant to corrosion by neutral solutions, water, seawater, atmosphere, organic compounds, etc.
An important feature of this alloy is that it generally does not produce stress corrosion cracking and has good machinability.
- Metallographic Structure of Monel 400:
The microstructure of Monel 400 strip coil is a high-strength single-phase solid solution.
- Corrosion Resistance:
Monel 400 strip coil has excellent corrosion resistance in fluorine gas, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, hydrofluoric acid and their derivatives.
At the same time, it is more corrosion-resistant than copper-based alloys in seawater.
- Acid Medium: Monel 400 is corrosion resistant in sulfuric acid with a concentration of less than 85%.
Monel 400 is one of the few important materials that can resist hydrofluoric acid.
- Water Corrosion: Monel 400 strip coil not only has excellent corrosion resistance in most water corrosion cases, but also pitting corrosion and stress corrosion are rarely found, and the corrosion rate is less than 0.025mm/a.
- High Temperature Corrosion: The maximum temperature of Monel 400 working continuously in air is generally around 600℃, and in high temperature steam, the corrosion rate is less than 0.026mm/a.
How To Buy Monel 400 Strip Coil From China Suppliers?
For example, when you want to purchase alloy Monel 400 strips coils from China strips supplier, the following information should be clarified before placing order:
- Grade: Monel 400 (UNS N04400)
- Application: Monel 400 Welded Pipes
- Standards: ASTM/DIN/EN
- Specifications: Thickness, Width With Tolerance
- Requirement On Properties: Hardness Range, Yield Strength, Tension Strength, Elongation, Edge, etc.
- Surface Finish: No.1, Cold Rolled, etc.
- Packaging Requirement: Wooden pallets or wooden cases
- Delivery Time: 15-20 Working days after confirmed the deposit
- Quoted Term: EXW, FCA, FOB, CFR, CIF, DDP, etc